Nicholas A. Jee
School of the Art Institute of Chicago, IL Graduated May 2019
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio
Honors Merit Scholarship Recipient
Beaker Studios, Concept Artist Intern, Chicago, IL April – June 2019
· Worked under artistic directors to design environments for the animated short film, Bubbles.
Ando and Le Corbusier: Masters of Architecture, Chicago, IL June – October 2018
· Worked with a team of artists, and architects to design and construct a scale architectural model of Tadao Ando’s Clark Art Institute, in collaboration with Wrightwood 659 gallery for their inaugural exhibition. The model remains on view at Wrightwood 659 as part of an ongoing exhibition,
Tadao Ando: Architect.
Eco Design Riverworks Chicago, IL August – December 2017
· Collaborated with a group of artists and designers to research the effects of water usage, consumption, and conservation throughout the Chicago area by conducting field observation and sample collection, and interviewing local environmental professionals and conservationists.
· Designed and painted large watercolor illustrations of local aquatic life for a group exhibition titled, Taking the Waters, in collaboration with the Chicago Architecture Biennial.
Lawndale Art Center, Intern, Houston, TX May – August 2016
· Maintained accurate and updated company files and databases; assisted in the curation and monitored displayed gallery works.
· Promoted donor and community engagement.
· Assisted in the planning, setup, and hosting of Lawndale Art Center’s annual Big Show exhibition.
Imperial Players, Scenic Designer, Sugar Land, TX May – August 2016
· Collaboratively designed and developed technical aspects for a stage production of Dog Sees God.
· Designed scenic elements and oversaw their construction, transportation, installation, and disassembly.
· Assisted as a stagehand during performances.
· SAIC ArtBash, Exhibiting Artist, School of the Art Institute of Chicago 2016
· Best Scenic Design, The Jerry Baber Awards, Picasso at the Lapin Agile 2015
· Best Scenic Design (nomination), Tommy Tune Awards, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee 2014
Traditional: Watercolor, Marker, Ink, Charcoal, Sculpture, Installation, Mold Making/Casting,
Digital: Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Maya 3D, Unity