Nicholas A. Jee
School of the Art Institute of Chicago, IL Anticipated Graduation: May 2019
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio
Honors Merit Scholarship Recipient
Eco Design Riverworks Chicago, IL August – December 2017
· Collaborated with a group of artists and designers to research the effects of water usage, consumption, and conservation throughout the Chicago area.
· Participated in field observation and sample collection, interviewed local professionals and conservationists, and consulted online resources as part of research efforts.
· Designed and painted large watercolor illustrations of local aquatic life for a group exhibition titled, Taking the Waters, in collaboration with the Chicago Architecture Biennial.
Lawndale Art Center, Intern, Houston, TX May – August 2016
· Maintained accurate and updated company files and databases; assisted in the curation and monitored displayed gallery works.
· Promoted donor and community engagement.
· Assisted in the planning, setup, and hosting of Lawndale Art Center’s annual Big Show exhibition.
Imperial Players, Scenic Designer, Sugar Land, TX May – August 2016
· Collaboratively designed and developed technical aspects for a stage production of Dog Sees God.
· Designed scenic elements and oversaw their construction, transportation, installation, and disassembly.
· Assisted as a stagehand during performances.
William P. Clements High School Thespian Troupe 3689, Scenic Designer, Sugar Land, TX 2013 – 2015
· Developed and designed technical aspects of stage productions as founding member of the Design Team.
· Coordinated with lead carpenters to construct set pieces based on my designs and oversaw the construction of these set pieces, ensuring they were built properly and met the design requirements.
· Productions include: Macbeth, The 25th Annual Putnam Country Spelling Bee, I Hate Hamlet, Picasso at the Lapin Agile, and Bye Bye Birdie.
· SAIC ArtBash, Exhibiting Artist, School of the Art Institute of Chicago 2016
· Best Scenic Design, The Jerry Baber Awards, Picasso at the Lapin Agile 2015
· Best Scenic Design (nomination), Tommy Tune Awards, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee 2014
Traditional: Watercolor, Marker, Ink, Charcoal, Sculpture, Installation, Mold Making/Casting,
Digital: Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Maya 3D, Unity